1 Corinthians 2:1-5 What We Value: Christ-centered Preaching
Topic: What We Value Scripture: 1 Corinthians 2:1–2:5
Read: 2 Tim 4:2, Ephesians 4:32, Titus 2:15, 2 Tim. 4:13, Acts 2:37-38, 2 Peter 1:21, Col. 1:28-29, James 1:22, 2 Tim. 2:15, 1 Cor. 2:1-5
1. Why is preaching still relevant to the church today? How have you seen the power of Christ-centered preaching at work in your own life and in the lives of others?
2. How can you tell the difference between a man-centered sermon and a Christ-centered sermon?
3. What are different ways the whole church can participate in Spirit-powered proclamation? Is this something that is only reserved for the Sunday morning service?
4. Is your mind fixed on Christ? Do you love God and His Word? Do you trust in God and not yourself? How can you tell?
5. Is listening to preaching alone sufficient to make you spiritually mature? What else is necessary?
6. How do you get the most out of listening to sermons? Do you have any practical tips to share with your group about being an expository listener?
More in What We Value
May 21, 20171 Thessalonians 5:16-18 What We Value: God-dependent Prayer
May 7, 2017Romans 11:36-12:2 What We Value: God-centered Worship