The Measure of a Healthy Church Revelation 2:1-7
Topic: Associate Pastors Passage: Revelation 2:1–2:7
- What is the biblical definition of love for God? How do you know if you love God/are loving God?
- How should we interpret the times when we don’t feel near to God? How should we think during these times? What should we do during these times?
- As a group, make a list of as many reasons to love Christ as you can. (Leaders: We tend to think only in terms of ourselves. Help your group think of non-self-focused (“horizontal”) reasons to love Christ; aspects of Christ’s person that have no direct effect on you but are nonetheless worthy of love)
- What parallels do you see between the church in Ephesus and us? How can we avoid the errors while maximizing the good aspects?
- What attitude does God want us to have toward false teaching and false doctrine? Do we have this attitude? Why or why not?
- What can we do as a home group to foster deep love for Christ along with deep love for sound doctrine among ourselves? In our church? In the church around the world?