Good news! We can be saved from our sin and its ultimate penalty! The word "gospel" simply means "good news," and that's exactly what it is. If we understand and believe it, the gospel is the best news that we will ever hear! God will save anyone from sin’s power and penalty who trusts in Jesus as their Savior and who puts their faith in Him (Galatians 2:16). At the cross, Jesus paid the price for our sins by dying in our place, and He defeated death by rising on the third day. (1 Peter 2:24; Hebrews 9:28). It is this good news that gives us the ability to find, know, and love God. It is because of Jesus that we can escape our bondage to sin and the ultimate penalty of that sin: eternal death and separation from God.
- God created everything, including you.
– Genesis 1:1; Psalm 24:1
- God is perfect and requires perfect obedience to His law.
– Matthew 5:48; James 2:10
- You have broken God’s law and will pay the eternal penalty for your sin.
– Romans 3:10, 23; 6:23
- You cannot save yourself or impress God by your good works.
– Isaiah 64:6; 2 Timothy 1:9
- God sent His Son Jesus into the world to show His love and kindness.
– John 3:16; Ephesians 2:7
- Jesus lived the life of perfect obedience the Father required.
– Hebrews 4:15; 1 John 3:5
- Jesus died on the cross to pay sin’s penalty, demonstrating God’s love and justice.
– Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21
- Jesus rose from the grave and is alive today.
– 1 Corinthians 15:4; 1 Thessalonians 4:14
- You must turn away from all that dishonors God and put your faith in Christ to save you.
– Mark 1:15; Romans 10:9
He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to His own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior.- Titus 3:5-6