Click here to subscribe to the Weekly Announcements email.
December 17 - 23, 2017
A NOTE FROM PASTOR MIKE
I love nativity scenes. Whether it's the large Mary, Joseph, and Jesus in my front yard or the small display I have on my desk at church all year long. I see a nativity scene in Zephaniah 3:14-17 too! A strong statement of Immanuel, God with us, mighty to save. Christmas joy in a prophecy of coming judgment.
Zephaniah shows depravity's consequences and shines a spotlight on the Gospel goodness of God's salvation. Delight in God despite grim despair. God's love overcoming mankind's hate. God's love declared and put on display; foreshadowing our eternal rejoicing in God's presence in His kingdom forever.
Does God delight in you? Is He happy with you in Christ? Is God angry with you? Is God only pleased with you when you perform well? What Biblical proof do you have? We struggle with these things. God addresses it in Zeph. 3:14-17, an uncommon and rarely preached Christmas passage.
See you Sunday,
P.S. Christmas is a wonderful time to rest in the Lord, deny yourself, and bless others. Take the opportunities God gives you to serve His purposes at home, work, school, and in your neighborhood.
Pastoral Care: For any emergency pastoral care need, contact: Andrew McNeill
Stay in the loop! Text GCOALLCHURCH to 43506 to receive alerts & reminders.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: Want to serve the body and facilitate God-centered, Christ-exalting preaching and music? We need volunteers to run both our sound board and slides on Sunday mornings. No experience needed, just a heart for worship! Contact Michael Sciarra
- December 16 [Saturday] Neighborhood Outreach (Christmas Flyers)
- December 17 [Sunday] Fountain Assisted Living Ministry
- December 17 [Sunday] ESL Toastmasters
- Jul. 2-Dec.15, 2017 - Erin Murphy: serving with YWAM, now in the Philippines! (Music DTS)
- Sept. 28, 2017-March 18, 2018 - Bethany Ma: serving with YWAM in Hawaii (DTS) Donate here
- Jan. 2-8, 2018 - Cyprus Team Donate here
- December 20 [Wednesday] Jr High Christmas Party
- December 20 [Wednesday] NO Regular On-Campus Gatherings (AWANA/Jr High/High School)
- February 2-4, 2018 [Fri.-Sun.] High School Winter Retreat
- March 2-4, 2018 [Fri.-Sun.] Jr High Winter Retreat
- Parents! For children’s Bible classes during second service, we have a take-home sheet that you can download each week. It is our desire to see your family grow together in the Lord and we hope this is a useful tool. Please click here and then click on the grade of your child.
- January 7 [Sunday] Baby Boy Hamann shower
- Women's Bible Study page updated for Winter 2018
- April 27-29, 2018 [Fri.-Sun.] Women's Retreat
- December 16 [Saturday] Men's Breakfast
ANCHORED (College age)
- January 26-28, 2018 [Fri.-Sun.] Winter Retreat
THE OPEN DOOR (Post-College/Career)
- January 9, 2018 [Tuesday] Meet at the Licata's
WEEKLY AT GRACE
- [Sunday] Service Times: 8:15am | 9:45 am | 11:15 am
- [Sunday] Prayer (Modular A-1)
- [Wednesday] Park Night | Awana | Jr. High | High School
- [Friday] Prayer (Worship Center) | Men's Bible Study
December 17 - Christ's Joy in His People Zephaniah 3:14-17
GO WITH GRACE
Received to date (since 12/2014): $579K
Want to know more? Click here.
Fill out my online form.