Click here to subscribe to the Weekly Announcements email.
AUGUST 20-26, 2017
A Note from Pastor Mike
One of the ways we can most glorify God is to delight in all the riches He has given us in Christ. Most notably, our glorification. For all those who are in Christ, our eternity is assured and secured. We stand before God with nothing to plead but the blood of Christ. As we saw last week, Jesus is the only Savior, the only Sacrifice, and the only Mediator, and we are clothed in His righteousness. Therefore we are free to praise Him, proclaim Him, and please Him. What a gift of God's unmerited grace!
There are things about us that are true and will forever be true. We have been given immeasurable riches in Christ. We are saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, as revealed in Scripture alone, for the glory of God alone. Therefore, we get to revel in the joy set before us, even as we may be going through horrendously painful or difficult times.
The doctrine of our Glorification, as seen in Scripture, and especially 1 Corinthians 15:50-52, will be highlighted this Sunday by our amazing youth. They will show and tell us that real life begins after this life. The more we grasp that reality, the better equipped we will be to endure, enjoy, and embrace the life God has given us on earth. We can confidently look ahead to the joy set before us, the glory to be revealed, and the grace that is to come.
For Jesus and the Gospel,
P.S. This Sunday we will have free In-N-Out burgers, bounce houses, and more from 12 noon-3 p.m. as we celebrate God's goodness and faithfulness to us over the past 50 years! And we know from Scripture, the best is yet to come!
Stay in the loop! Text GCOALLCHURCH to 43506 to receive alerts & reminders.
- August 20 [Sunday] 50th Anniversary Celebration
- September 3 [Sunday] Membership Matters
- September 3 [Sunday] Bring the Book
- September 24 [Sunday] Fundamentals of the Faith
- August 20 [Sunday] Fountain Assisted Living Ministry
- Jul. 2-Dec.15, 2017 - Erin Murphy: serving with YWAM in Australia. (Music DTS) Donate here
- Sept. 27-Oct. 14, 2017 - Cambodia Team: serving the youth of Battambang Donate here
- Sept. 28, 2017-March 18, 2018 - Bethany Ma: serving with YWAM in Hawaii. Donate Here
- August 19 [Saturday] Men's Breakfast
- August 25 [Friday] Men's Game Night
- October 20-22 [Fri.-Sun.] Men's Retreat
- August 20 [Sunday] NO KIDS WORSHIP!!! (2nd hour bible class still meets)
- August 30 [Wednesday] Jr High Bring Your Parent Night
- September 3 [Sunday] Regular Bible Classes start
- September 6 [Wednesday] AWANA starts
THE OPEN DOOR (Post-College/Career)
- August 22 [Tuesday] Meet at the Licata's
- August 25 [Friday] Beach BBQ
WEEKLY AT GRACE
- [Sunday] Service Times: 8:15am | 9:45 am | 11:15 am
- [Wednesday] Park Night | Jr. High | High School
- [Friday] Prayer (Worship Center) | Men's Bible Study
August 20 - The Joy Set Before Us: The Doctrine of Glorification
1 Corinthians 15:50-52
GO WITH GRACE
Received to date (since 12/2014): $524K
Want to know more? Click here.