Click here to subscribe to the Weekly Announcements email.
October 22 - 28, 2017
A NOTE FROM PASTOR MIKE
Why is it so easy to judge other people for their sins but not want to confess and repent of ours?
Why are we so prone to justify our sin while holding people to a higher standard than we are willing to be held to ourselves?
It seems we often want justice for people who do evil and mercy for ourselves. In fact, most of us consistently struggle with hearts that are simultaneously justice-desiring and sin-justifying. This is where Romans 2:1-11 comes in. And even more questions arise.
Why are both irreligious people and moral people guilty before God?
What role do works (a la James 2:14-21) have in giving credence to our profession of faith? What is the role of faith? What is the fruit of faith? How does Romans 2:1-11 help us understand the phrase "the obedience of faith" (Rom. 1:5 and 16:26)?
Why does the Holy Spirit have Paul write about what people do and practice rather than what they believe?
Why is immortality and eternal life (aka Heaven) as well as wrath and eternal punishment (aka Hell) so crucial for us to understand?
How can all this encourage us to press on to know the Lord even more and more each day? We will find out as we explore God's righteous judgment on Sunday.
For the Glory of God Alone,
P.S. As we seek to be a healthy, reproducing church we want to equip men, women, boys, and girls to love and serve Jesus with all their hearts. This weekend the men will be at Alpine Christian Conference Center for our annual Men's Retreat. Please be praying for the men of Grace.
Pastoral Care: For any emergency pastoral care need, contact: Andrew McNeill
Stay in the loop! Text GCOALLCHURCH to 43506 to receive alerts & reminders.
Nominations: This is your last chance to recommend people in our congregation to serve as Elders and Deacons/Deaconesses! Prayerfully consider who God may have gifted and called to serve Grace Church in one of these servant-leader positions and nominate them HERE.
- October 22 [Sunday] SINGERS NEEDED!!! Candlelight Christmas Choir practice
- October 29 [Sunday] Grace Bible Institute (Sign up here!)
- November 12 [Sunday] 50th Celebration at Thanksgiving Praise Gathering (Sign up here!)
- October 25 [Wednesday] El Modena Family Night, 4:00-7:00pm: An opportunity to build relationships with our community. Dinner, games and fun for the whole family! To help, contact Brittany Livezey.
- November 3-5 [Friday thru Sunday] El Modena Donut Day Camp VBS, 3:30-5:30pm: Local kids will learn the importance of Truth and God's Love. To help, contact Brittany Livezey.
- November 5 [Sunday] Fountain Senior Assisted Living Ministry
- November 5 [Sunday] ESL Toastmasters
- November 18 [Saturday] Operation Christmas Child Packing Party
- Jul. 2-Dec.15, 2017 - Erin Murphy: serving with YWAM, now in the Phillippines! (Music DTS)
- Sept. 28, 2017-March 18, 2018 - Bethany Ma: serving with YWAM in Hawaii (DTS) Donate here
- October 27 [Friday] Potluck at Grace
- October 20-22 [Fri.-Sun.] Men's Retreat
- November 3 [Friday] Game Night
- October 25 [Wednesday] AWANA Pumpkin Pandemonium
- Parents! For children’s Bible classes during second service, we have a take-home sheet that you can download each week. It is our desire to see your family grow together in the Lord and we hope this is a useful tool. Please click here and then click on the grade of your child.
ANCHORED (College age)
- October 22 [Sunday] Meet at the Clark's
THE OPEN DOOR (Post-College/Career)
- October 24 [Tuesday] Meet at the Licata's
WEEKLY AT GRACE
- [Sunday] Service Times: 8:15am | 9:45 am | 11:15 am
- [Sunday] Prayer (Modular A-1)
- [Wednesday] Park Night | Awana | Jr. High | High School
- [Friday] Prayer (Worship Center) | Men's Bible Study
October 22 - God's Righteous Judgment Romans 2:1-11
GO WITH GRACE
Received to date (since 12/2014): $563K
Want to know more? Click here.
Fill out my online form.