Click here to subscribe to the Weekly Announcements email.
May 27 - June 2, 2018
A NOTE FROM PASTOR MIKE
Grace Church Family,
Sometimes we think our sin problem is someone or something else’s fault. We don’t take responsibility. We want to blame someone. We cry “It’s not my fault” or “The devil made me do it.” We even accuse God. We have no one but ourselves to blame for our sin. On Sunday we will see that the Law is not sinful, it is good (Rom. 7:7-13).
Romans 7 is key to understanding Romans 8. We bring too much misunderstanding, discouragement, and despair to the doorstep of Romans chapter 8. If we could only see it’s meant to uplift and encourage us in our relationship with God. It gives us a realistic picture of what the Christian life really is like. Peaks and pits are the way of life in Christ.
No matter where you find yourself today, there is hope in Christ. He breaks chains of sin, keeps us secure, and provides everything we need for the journey. As we prep for Sunday, read Romans 7 a few times. Better yet, read Romans 1-7. Pray that God would change our hearts on a continual basis. That’s what He does in yielded, humble hearts.
In Christ’s Love,
P.S. What chains of sin has Jesus broken in your life lately?
Pastoral Care: For any emergency pastoral care need, contact: Randy Clark
Job Opening: We are hiring a part-time Ministry Assistant. Learn more and apply here.
Willing to serve in Early Childhood? We have a need for 1st and 3rd service volunteers in the 2s & 3s class. Contact Randy Clark
Special Gift: Sunday, June 3 is our last day with Michael & Taylor Sciarra as we send them to serve at Grace Rancho. Want to bless them with a financial gift? Not Tax Deductible. Checks payable to Michael & Taylor Sciarra, not GCO. Bring this one-time gift on June 3 (or to the Campout).
Grace Church of Rancho Cucamonga: An amazing revitalization opportunity. Visit any Sunday! Service starts at 10am. Join Michael & Taylor Sciarra and the team in June! Click here for more info
- May 27-28 [Sun-Mon] All Church Campout SIGN UP!
- May 28 [Monday] Church office closed for Memorial Day
- May 30 [Wednesday] El Modena Family Party
- July 16-20 [Mon-Fri] Help with Grace Fellowship Cherry Valley VBS
- Considering a short term missions trip this summer? Click here for info
- Fountain Assisted Living Ministry: Help us provide worship services for the residents. Learn more here
- Spanish/English Conversations: Interested in learning Spanish? Teaching English? Getting to know our neighbors? Click here for contact info
- June 3 [Sunday] Promotion Sunday
- June 8-9 [Fri-Sat] Jr High Overnighter
- June 16 [Saturday] Jr High Family Pool Party
- June 25-29 [Mon-Fri] VBS 2018 - Register online
- Family Follow Up Questions: For grades K-6, you can find questions about the Bible lesson taught each week. Please click here and then click on the grade of your child.
- Women's Ministry: Check out the latest here
- Men's Ministry: Check out the latest here
PRIME TIME (55+)
- June 23 [Saturday] BBQ Pool Party at the Trenners
ANCHORED (College age)
- May 27 [Sunday] No Meeting - Come to the All Church Campout
THE OPEN DOOR (Post-College/Career)
- May 29 [Tuesday] Meet at the Licata's
WEEKLY AT GRACE
- [Sunday] Service Times: 8:15am | 9:45 am | 11:15 am
- [Sunday] Prayer (Modular A-1)
- [Wednesday] Park Night | Awana | Jr. High | High School
- [Friday] Prayer (Worship Center) | Men's Bible Study
May 27 - The Law is Good Romans 7:7-13
GO WITH GRACE
Received to date (since 12/2014): $608K
Want to know more? Click here
Fill out my online form.